Congratulations to recipients of REEP Community Action Awards for demonstrating ecological stormwater management. Winners received their honours at this year’s Celebrating Community Action event.
- Andrea and Oliver Popovic – Residential Award, Kitchener
- Daniel Henderson – Residential Award, Waterloo
- The Cora Group Inc. – New Build Award
- The Church of Saint John the Evangelist – Stormwater Retrofit Award
- Kitchener-Waterloo Collegiate and Vocational School – Community Engagement Award, Kitchener
- Aboriginal Student Centre, Wilfrid Laurier University – Community Engagement Award, Waterloo
Read more about all of the Community Action Award recipients and Honourable Mentions.
30 Nov 2013
Climate change is a global issue, with social, political, economic and environmental impacts for people around the world.Continue Reading Climate Action Plan Will Benefit Waterloo Region
KITCHENER — The City of Kitchener has joined other local councils by endorsing a Community Climate Action Plan with the goal of reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
The action plan aims to cut community-wide greenhouse gas emissions to six per cent below 2010 emission levels by 2020. Read more…
22 Jun 2013
KITCHENER — “Let justice roll down like waters,” proclaims a sign on the front lawn of The Church of St. John the Evangelist in downtown Kitchener. The scripture from the Old Testament book of Amos is a fitting message for the church since, as warden Al Coughlin points out, “This is St. Johns on Water Street.” Read more
KITCHENER — Students at Kitchener Collegiate Institute are turning their field of dreams into reality. They broke ground Monday in a project that will see an underground cistern installed beneath the field to store rainwater. The water will be used to irrigate the gardens and trees the students recently planted around the field. Read more