- This event has passed.
Climate Rally: 80 by 50 | ClimateActionWR
July 5, 2018 | 5:00 pm - 6:30 pmFree
Let’s accelerate climate action! The Region of Waterloo, and cities of Cambridge, Kitchener, and Waterloo councils have unanimously approved an 80% greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions reduction target by 2050.
In celebration of our new target, we’ll be hosting two events where you can show your support for climate action and awareness in Waterloo Region. Join us along with other local initiatives and organizations committed to climate action through either of these celebratory, interactive community events.
Event Dates & Locations
Cambridge: Thursday, July 5th from 5:00pm to 6:30pm at the Bowman Room in Cambridge City Hall, 50 Dickson St. Cambridge, ON.
What to Expect
· The opportunity to engage with key community members, decision-makers, and other stakeholders interested in contributing to our long-term target
· A quick presentation on what’s next for Waterloo Region with the long-term target
· Interactive exhibits showcasing different ways for local initiatives and the community to get involved in climate action in the Region
· Light refreshments and hor d’oeuvres
Who is Welcome
· Community members who are interested in learning more about and becoming more involved in local climate action
· Organizations that are interested in becoming involved with ClimateActionWR
· Local community leaders, councillors, and politicians
Travelling to the Event
We encourage you to try more environmentally friendly methods of travelling to and from the event. Please consider carpooling, biking, or even walking to help keep your travelling more sustainable.
Let’s come together and take the next step in creating our clean, low-carbon future!
What is ClimateActionWR?
ClimateActionWR is a collaboration between local organizations and community members focused on climate change mitigation, led by Reep Green Solutions and Sustainable Waterloo Region. It coordinates the activities of the Climate Action Plan towards achieving our community’s greenhouse gas (GHG) emission reduction target of 6% below 2010 levels by 2020.