Finding The Tree For Me
A tree is an investment that provides benefits for a lifetime. But with hundreds of trees to choose from, how do you know which is best for you? At this FREE virtual workshop you will be guided through the process of selecting a tree that will thrive on your property. We’ll go through the decision making process looking at some of these questions:
- Do I want shade, privacy, spring flowers, fall colours or winter interest?
- Do I want to attract songbirds?
- Is the soil dry or is it damp?
- How close can my tree be to the house or power lines?
- What’s the best time to plant and prune?
- How do I take care of it once it’s been planted?
Our facilitator Adele Pierre [pictured above] will lead a discussion on how to make an informed plan and find the right fit to ensure a healthy and thriving tree for years to come.
Adele Pierre | ISA Certified Arborist
Landscape architect and ISA arborist, Adele Pierre leads an award winning design firm specializing in the creation of beautiful, low maintenance landscapes. Mindful of the effects of climate change on our natural systems, Adele incorporates native plantings in all projects to provide habitat for pollinators, build healthy soils and manage rainwater. As an arborist her particular concern is the health of urban trees, working with architects, engineers and planners to incorporate hardy species of trees in city plantings.