Grants, rebates and credits for your home
Home Reno Rebate
Many homeowners across southwestern Ontario are eligible to receive up to $5,000 back from the Home Reno Rebate program when you include home energy upgrades in your home renovations.
Heating & Cooling Rebates
- Heating and Cooling Incentive
Receive up to $850 in incentives for fuel heated home or $4000 for electrically heated homes when you replace your inefficient heating and cooling systems.
If the cost of energy-saving upgrades is out of reach, Ontario’s Affordability Fund is available to you.
Home Weatherization Program – Union Gas
Union Gas’ Home Weatherization Program provides free energy efficient upgrades for homes built before 1975. Eligibility depends upon income and number of people living in your home.
Smart Thermostat Rebate
Homeowners participating in the Home Reno Rebate program are eligible for a $100 rebate towards the purchase of a Smart Thermostat once they have completed their post renovation assessment
Property owners in the municipalities of Kitchener and Waterloo are able to apply for stormwater credits of up to 45% of the stormwater portion of your utility bill in their city of residence.
RAIN Smart Financial Incentives
- W.E.T. Challenge Online Self-Audit Tool
The Region of Waterloo wants to help you reduce your in-home water usage to 165 litres per per person per day with this water conservation initiative, if you are currently above 240 litres per person per day.
Energy Saving Coupons
- Use saveONenergy COUPONS to save on eligible energy-efficient products. Download, print, and bring coupons to your local retailer for significant savings. Products include:
- Energy efficient light bulbs: LED and CFL bulbs
- Dimmers, motion sensors, power bars, and timers
- Programmable baseboard thermostats
- Ceiling fans and clotheslines
- Weatherstripping, pipe wrap, and water heater blankets
Check out the Kilowatt Way website for more ideas on saving electricity.
Renewable Energy Systems
- Ontario’s microFIT program
Pays you for power generated using solar PV, wind, water power or bioenergy.
Mortgage Insurance Rebate
- Mortgage Insurance Rebate from CMHC.