Grants, rebates and credits for your home
Home Reno Rebate
Many homeowners across southwestern Ontario are eligible to receive up to $5,000 back from the Home Reno Rebate program when you include home energy upgrades in your home renovations.
Heating & Cooling Rebates
- Heating and Cooling Incentive
Receive up to $850 in incentives for fuel heated home or $4000 for electrically heated homes when you replace your inefficient heating and cooling systems.
Smart Thermostat Rebate
Homeowners participating in the Home Reno Rebate program are eligible for a $100 rebate towards the purchase of a Smart Thermostat once they have completed their post renovation assessment
Property owners in the municipalities of Kitchener and Waterloo are able to apply for stormwater credits of up to 45% of the stormwater portion of your utility bill in their city of residence.
RAIN Smart Financial Incentives
- W.E.T. Challenge Online Self-Audit Tool
The Region of Waterloo wants to help you reduce your in-home water usage to 165 litres per per person per day with this water conservation initiative, if you are currently above 240 litres per person per day.
Energy Saving Coupons
- Use saveONenergy COUPONS to save on eligible energy-efficient products. Download, print, and bring coupons to your local retailer for significant savings. Products include:
- Energy efficient light bulbs: LED and CFL bulbs
- Dimmers, motion sensors, power bars, and timers
- Programmable baseboard thermostats
- Ceiling fans and clotheslines
- Weatherstripping, pipe wrap, and water heater blankets
Check out the Kilowatt Way website for more ideas on saving electricity.
Renewable Energy Systems
- Ontario’s microFIT program
Pays you for power generated using solar PV, wind, water power or bioenergy.
Mortgage Insurance Rebate
- Mortgage Insurance Rebate from CMHC.