wellawareHiring a Licensed Well Contractor

It is important when hiring a licensed well contractor that you ensure they have the class of license for your type of well. The relevant classes are as follows:

  • Class 1 – Drilled Wells
  • Class 2 – Dug or Bored Wells
  • Class 4 – Pump and Cap Installation

If you need help finding a contractor, you can look in the phone book under “Water Well Drilling and Service”, use the Ontario Ministry of the Environment’s searchable online listing of licensed well contractors, or consult REEP’s list of licensed contractors working in Waterloo Region.

Always ask to see your contractor’s license and make sure it is up to date with the Ontario Ministry of the Environment.

Did you know…

There are an estimated 750,000 active wells in Ontario!

Only about a quarter of well owners in Ontario remember to test their well water at least 3 times per year.

Groundwater is very important to Waterloo Region – in fact, 75% of our water comes from the ground!

Looking for more information on your well? If you don’t have a well record for your well, contact the Ministry of the Environment who might have it on file and will send it to you.

%d bloggers like this: