Check out Reep Green Solutions Zero Waste 101 for more blog posts and videos on how you can reduce your waste and live a more sustainable lifestyle!
Beginning a zero waste lifestyle doesn’t have to be a lot of work. People all over the world are taking action and many are discovering throughout the process, that with some planning, it can be very simple! There are many sources online to support you throughout the Zero Waste Challenge in Waterloo Region.
Below are some great online guides that individuals, like yourself, have successfully implemented:
THE 5 R’S OF ZERO WASTE LIVING
And when it doubt! Just remember…
- Refuse and instead purchase items that can be borrowed, rented, and repaired.
- Reduce waste by saying no to excessive packaging (i.e. gift wrap).
- Reuse by passing items along to others who may need them (i.e. donating).
- Recycle items to save their value (i.e. batteries).
- Rot the rest (i.e. composting)